On Base Percentage Calculator
What is On Base Percentage Calculator
OBP Calculator or on base Percentage calculator is used to calculate the on base percentage, as its name is confirming the purpose of this calculator. On Base Percentage is the percentage of times a batter reaches on base to the number of times he has been at the plate.
How do you calculate on base percentage?
On Base Percentage is a measure of how often a batter reaches base. It is approximately equal to Times on Base/Plate appearances.
The full formula is OBP = (Hits + Walks + Hit by Pitch) ÷ (At Bats + Walks + Hit by Pitch + Sacrifice Flies).
If a batter has been at bat 20 times and in that time has made: 24 hits, 7 walks, been hit by a pitch 4 times, and 6 sacrifice flies, then:
24 hits + 7 walks + 4 hits by a pitch = 35
20 at-bats + 7 walks + 4 hits by a pitch + 6 sacrifice flies = 72
35 ÷ 72 = 0.295
Therefore, the batter’s on-base percentage is 1.486111.
- Stride Length Calculator
- Pace Calculator
- Batting Average Calculator
- ERA Calculator
- On Base Percentage Calculator
- WHIP Calculator
- At Bats per Home Run Calculator
- Field Goal Percentage Calculator
- Slugging Percentage Calculator
- Winning Percentage Calculator
- Target Heart Rate Calculator
- Heart Rate Zone Calculator
- Heart Rate Calculator
- Max Heart Rate Calculator